Monday, July 09, 2007

Beyoncé and the Balen

Beyoncé Knowles's performance at the 2007 BET awards in that famed pair of Balenciaga robo-gold leggings:
Fashion Orgasm makes a valid and good point:

Don't those leggings only come in a size negative 1/0/2? I really can't imagine Nicolas Ghesquière customizing a pair just for this booty humpin' performance.
Come to think of it, neither can I. Weren't those leggings made for pin-thin model-long legs (as opposed to Beyoncé's bootylicious body)? Quite frankly, I feel she makes this $100K fantasy look more like a dime store reality than anything else. Let's do a little comparison, why don't we?

















The visionary SS07 Balenciaga runway
vs Beyoncé. I think you all know how I feel about this, but there are more images available at justjared. Judge for yourself.
Cred: fashionorgasm, justjared, style.com, youtube

No comments: