Thursday, June 21, 2007

Seems like I just got... TAGGED!

Thankyou to Lady from You Say I'm a Bitch Like It's a Bad Thing who just tagged me for the blog game doing its circuit around the blogs I read! A bit of fun and it enhances my procrastination time (studying for finals is hellish).
"Game Rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to then report this on their own blog with their 7 things as well as these rules. They then need to tag 7 others and list their names on their blog. They are also asked to leave a comment for each of the tagged, letting them know they have been tagged and to read the blog."
OK... I guess I'll get started then:


1. Anyone who knows me will realize that I am completely obsessed about Manhattan!! Something about it being the epicenter of the world because it never sleeps (I am sick and tired of living in a city where stores close at 5PM most days, with the exception of a 9PM on Thursday "late-
night-shopping" night), and because everything I love is there- Fashion is in NYC. Art is in NYC. Commerce is in NYC. Starbucks is also on every street corner in NYC? Admittedly, I've never been to the East Coast, so my Manhattan could very well be romanticized.

2. I wish I was alive in the 60s! Self destruction in a "sex, drugs and rock n roll" lifestyle appeals to the wild child side of me- Edie Sedgwick is such a fascinating character who epitomized that generation. The "live hard, die young, leave a beautiful corpse" mentality in her partying ways was so insane that:
"To parents terrified of the influence of sex and drugs, she was an abomination; to the would-be cool, she was an ideal; to painters as eminent as Robert Rauschenberg, she was a living work of art."
3. Ever since watching Center Stage, I've been totally enamored with ballet and want to try it out. I love the ballerinas' grace and elegance... the fluidity of their movement makes me think of impressionism, which is by far one of my favorite art movements. I think it also has to do with the chic dancewear that could be worn to the studios- Pastel colors, pointe shoes, black leotards (), legwarmers, long sweaters, shorts over leggings, flowy handkerchief skirts. Think Michael Kors' soft SS07 collection.

4. One of my many aims for this holiday is to watch the whole Sex and the City series, from start to end. Most likely, I will watch it online: talk about have the world at your feet! Was entirely too young to watch such a sitcom when it first aired (would never have got the jokes anyway... I was what? A fifth grader?), and by the time I realized the series is great and just classic, it was ending.

5.
For someone who loves traveling so much, it's funny that I've never been to Europe!! Where am I desperately dying to visit? Paris, Florence, Venice, Milan and St Petersburg!! Partly for the shopping but mainly for the breath-taking scenes, architecture and the museums!
6. Sometimes I don't like living in Australia/ Southern Hemisphere, and sometimes I do. The advantage is that us Aussies can technically be wearing the AW07 trends right now (keyword is trend, not the actual runway collections), because it is winter and just so unbelievably cold over here, while those on the other side are sunbathing. Cons? Mainly that most fashion magazines here drive me crazy- why on Earth does Vogue Australia feel a need to cover swimwear and the spring/summer range when the nation is grabbing out their gloves, scarves and coats? Russh, a bi-monthly, got it right though! It's usually the only AUS mag I buy, and it has my recommendations.

7. No matter what I say, some are convinced that I am obsessive-compulsive because I carry around hand sanitizer in my bag. I guess it's just not a common practice around here.

Now I have to decide on seven people to tag, dont I? Um... I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who hasnt been tagged yet, so- if you think of someone or if you want in on this exciting game... just let me know, ok?
Cred: You Say I'm a Bitch Like It's a Bad Thing, style.com, greenwichmeantime, ltierney, photomann, TFS

No comments: