Friday, April 04, 2008

WHAT? CDG for H&M?

My mouth was opening like a goldfish, and I am completely and utterly speechless. Why, you ask? I just found out that Comme des Garçons is doing a "range of womenswear, menswear, childrenswear and accessories and create a new unisex fragrance" for H&M- according to British Vogue. What other response would you have possibly expected from me? It's launching in November, with an exclusive Tokyo launch a few days before the worldwide launch... and there is no way that I will not be spamming the H&M website/TFS since I am dying to know how it's going to turn out!

And what led Rei Kawakubo to say yes? It's as simple as this:
I have always been interested in the balance between creation and business. It is a dilemma, although for me creation has always been the first priority. It is a fascinating challenge to work with H&M since it is a chance to take the dilemma to its extreme, and try to solve it.
which, in turn, reminds me of Andy Warhol's famous quote:
Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.
Never have I been this excited about a designer x mass retailer collaboration! You can feel it radiating off my words, can't you? If H&M was available in Australia, you can bet on it that I'd be lining up outside (as sad as that sounds, it's true...)
Credstyle.com: British Vogue
, style.com

No comments: