Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hong Kong x Tokyo. A recap. Part II.

OK. Onto the Tokyo part of my trip. I stayed in Shinjuku, so I was in the Ginza/ Shinjuku/ Harajuku area quite a bit. And then, I went to the other shopping hot spot Shibuya as well. Akihabara for all my electronic/ techno needs (massive massive stores), sight seeing at Asakusa and a day trip to Yokohama. I won't bore you with the details, but it consisted of a whole lot of shopping, walking around and eating. You know- ramen and sushi and all that good authentic Japanese food. A special mention must be made for the Tsukiji fish market as the biggest wholesale fish and seafood market in the world. A tourist area for sure, but the food was fantastic. Long lines for a sushi breakfast- impossibly fresh and the best sushi I've ever tasted.

On the fashion front, Harajuku had these grand flagships so I went snap happy:
The signature black and white Chanel look reflected in the color scheme of the store. I love the color blocking and it's style is classic with a twist- an embodiment of the Chanel design principles.
The Louis Vuitton store, in my mind, takes its inspiration from domestic architecture. The roof of the building looks like the modern house and whilst I don't think it's the most glamorous Louis flagship in the whole of Tokyo (the one at Roppongi beats this in terms of design hands down)... I sure won't mind living here.

This next one was snapped at Ginza. The Lanvin store. It's quirky and I like that. It stands out from your standard store fronts because of the black.
I don't really know what else to write so I'll leave it at that (I think it's because I've been here quite a few times already). Preview: the next holiday recap post goes to my shopping loot!
Photo cred: myself

No comments: