Friday, January 04, 2008

Gossip Girl: Blair's tuxedo shift

So I finally succumb to the pressure of blogging about Gossip Girl style, mainly because I found myself to be absolutely in love with this one particular outfit of Blair's. In episode 12 (the latest one), Blair was seen in the most fantastic tuxedo bib dress in the second half of the show... paired with the white tights and stack heels that B seems to be partial to.
Blair Waldorf,Catherine Holstein,tuxedo,Gossip GirlBlair Waldorf,Catherine Holstein,tuxedo,Gossip GirlAfter a bit of digging, I've found that the dress is by Catherine Holstein and was available at satineboutique.com but is now sold out. A shame, because I would have bought it in a second. The style is great, that masculine/feminine thing which can look so chic and the white button sleeves are adorable! Oh, and while I'm at it... there's something about the far reaching influence of GG fashion that I just have to mention.

I have a friend who recently bought a $300 corset, from Pleasure State if I recall correctly, at the Boxing Day sales after seeing B in it. It was the second episode, where she was trying on dresses for the brunch.
Blair Waldorf,corset,Gossip GirlI have to say the frilly underwear is beyond!
Photo cred: myself, TFS

No comments: