Saturday, April 12, 2008

So Next Top Model does produce winners!

I couldn't believe my ears- Tyra Banks' Top Model franchise really does produce top models! The AusNTM cycle 3 winner, Alice Burdeu, went on to rock the AW08 runways... and I don't mean just the smaller designers either- I'm talking Lanvin! Louis Vuitton! Alexander McQueen! Proenza! Ann Demeulemeester! All that good stuff for her first runway season. Ironic considering how Jodhi Meares (the AusNTM judge) reacted terribly unprofessional manner when Alice was made the winner (she was a big fan of the runner up) and how Australia was screaming about how terrible Alice is in the model weight debate.

But I'm sure you realize all that. What I find of utmost importance in her growing list of accomplishments is that she is going to be shooting her first major campaign for D&G Autumn Winter 2008 with Testino! I am definitely looking forward to it! From what I can see, it's only her and Ksenia of Russia's Next Top Model who have made it big. Ksenia gradually gained enough momentum after a few seasons to score a spot in the Gucci campaign line up alongside Lily D, Abbey Lee (an Aussie!), Kasia and Masha N!

If that's not good for NTM, I don't know what is. I just don't understand America's Next Top Model (aka the original Tyra led version). You'd think with Tyra's experience the presence of the girls would be stronger...
Cred:
livejournal, SMH, style.com

No comments: